Record-keeping at Homewood is meticulous. In addition to maintaining all legally required documentation, it is one of only a few cemeteries to have its own archives. These provide an uninterrupted historical account of the cemetery from its founding in 1878 to the present, documenting events through hand-written interment ledgers, glass photographic negatives, and even an original parchment map showing the precise boundaries of the cemetery as they were carved from the virgin forests of the Honorable William Wilkins' extensive 650-acre estate, Homewood. The archives of The Homewood Cemetery are not open to the public. Researchers wishing to examine the archives may call the cemetery at 412-421-1822 to discuss their project and inquire about access to the collection.
Our 1905 Rules and Regulations book has been digitized and is available for viewing.